Saturday, December 4, 2010


Social Networking

Faceboook
I use Faceboook socially, it is a great way of keeping in touch with friends, especially ones who live in a different state or that I don’t see on a regular basis. Even though I have Facebook I keep it very private, I check what other people are up to and I don’t put regular status updates on mine.  I only add people that I know personally.  Some people put really silly things on their status, which does not really interest me.  I don’t want to know what people did on their day off, that’s their business.


 After viewing What the F***is Social Media NOW I was surprised at how much time people spend on Facebook.  I do think that Facebook in the library is a good way of informing patrons of up-coming events and activities.

Twitter
Well I am officially one of the millions of people who twitter.  My Tweets were probably the most boring ones about as I really didn’t have anything interesting to say.  Until web2.0 I had no idea how to “twitter”, I thought it was something all the celebrities did in their spare time. 



I can see how it can be useful in libraries, keeping patrons up-to-date on what’s happening in the library.  I don’t think it is something that I will continue doing.

2 comments:

  1. I also use facebook to keep in touch with family overseas. Twitter doesn't interest me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The facebook stats blew me away too Mary, but I found the twitter stats dowbright scary!!

    ReplyDelete