Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Delicious and LibraryThing

Delicious
I wonder  where they got the name from? I found the Delicious site quite hard. I only tagged a few websites. Delicious is a great way to keep all your bookmarks together, but I don't think that I will use it personally, but I can see how it can be handy in a library as you can have all of your most used websites in one place instead of saving them to favourites.


LibraryThing
I really like LibraryThing. I can keep track of what I am reading and what I have read.  LibraryThing is a good social network system.  It is a great way of keeping up-to-date with the latest books. It took me a while to figure out where to get the "widget thing" from and where to put it, but  I finally found it.  LibraryThing is really fast at finding your books and make it easy to search for titles and add them to your list of books. I think LibraryThing is great for library patrons to see what books other people are reading.

6 comments:

  1. Yay, you managed to complete Delicious and LibraryThing!Bet you can see the light in the of the tunnel now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear lost my comment lines I tried to post just now...anyway, will try to share with you my thoughts on the Tagging, Delicious and Librarything I did a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mary well nearly finished and all I can say is THANK GOD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well i wish I was nearly finished like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still going but am having a lot of fun! Library Thing is so easy to use (once the widgeting was done) I will keep using it, I think

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am so far behind and didn't find comments on widgeting at all comforting.

    ReplyDelete